Another year, another Mad Hippie skincare review! Thank you so much to Mad Hippie for gifting these products to me to try. I absolutely fell in love with the previous products they gave me. If you missed it click here to catch up! The Vitamin A Serum is what introduced me to the new world of Retinoic products, and since then I’ve never viewed skincare the same!
Related Link: Vitamin A for the Skin
I’ve been able to use these for a couple weeks now. As usual, you should be giving your skin at least 4 weeks to get used to the new products, slowly introducing them one product at a time to help narrow down if anything reacts to your skin. I’ve been able to use these for over a month now, so let’s dive right in!
Mad Hippie Cleansing Oil
This is a non-comedogenic oil gently removing makeup, impurities and imperfections while giving the skin a boost of radiance.
- Organic Pumpkin Seed Oil: Rich in Vitamin E, zinc & omega fatty acids. This is a non-comedogenic oil that naturally soothes and replenishes the skin
- Organic Safflower Oil: High in linoleic acid, this oil is packed with essential vitamins, working to moisturize and soften the skin while gently lifting, dirt, makeup and daily contaminants
- Organic Rosehip Oil: This antioxidant-rich powerhouse oil has naturally occurring vitamin A & C, evening the skin tone, hydrating and smoothing the skin
- Ginger: antioxidant rich and full of vitamins including B & C. Ginger works to naturally tone the skin, and helps reduce the appearance of any skin discoloration, which is perfect for those with acne prone skin.
- White Tea: A strong antioxidant with skin rejuvenating properties
- Vegan Squalane: naturally hydrates and soothes the skin
This cleansing oil can be used as a makeup remover, but can also be used as a facial oil! It contains non-comedogenic oils like linoleic safflower oil, rosehip and pumpkin seed, and a bit of ginger that all help to calm temperamental skin. This cleansing oil is great at removing face makeup, eye makeup and sunscreen! I find that it is best removed with a warm, damp washcloth over your face. However, if you’re double cleansing then using a cream cleanser after is no problem at all.
I am a lover of facial oils, so using this as a facial oil was great. My skin felt very nourished, healthy, smooth, and even after using this. I thinking this should be advertised a little more as a dual because the ingredients in this make a great combination for a facial oil. If you’re a facial oil user like I am, then this is an easy add!
Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum
The Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum is an award winning serum with a blend of antioxidants working to improve the overall appearance of the skin.
- Vitamin C (Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate): One of the most popular skincare ingredients in any skincare routine, it is a powerful antioxidant that can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and discoloration. The Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate is a more stable form of Vitamin C than the most commonly used L-Ascorbic Acid found in most products, providing the same benefits, without the risk of oxidation and irritation commonly found in L-Ascrobic Acid.
- Vitamin E: An antioxidant that protects the skin, shown to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and discoloration
- Ferulic Acid: Natural antioxidant found in the cell walls of plants. When combined with Vitamins C & E, Ferulic Acid has a compounding antioxidant effect.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Naturally occurring substance in the body. It is something that begins to deplete as we age, and applied topically will increase hydration.
- Konjac Root: An exotic flower from Asia, helping to soften and smooth the skin, while forming a protective barrier. It is rich in nutrients such as copper, zinc, phosphorous, fatty acids, protein, carbohydrates, lipids, potassium, magensium, iron, niacin, folic acid, vitamins A, E, C, D & B.
- Chamomile Extract: Provides a thin protective shield, while naturally soothing and calming the skin.
- Clary Sage: Helps to eliminate overly-dry or overly-oily skin. Acts as a natural toner and astringent for the skin.
Visit Mad Hippie’s website to view and purchase. Click here.
I personally love using Vitamin C or Vitamin C-like products. Since I started using Vitamin C, my overall skin pigmentation has improved. I have been using Vitamin C products for a year, alternating through different brands. But this one in particular gives me ease. Knowing that Vitamin C is generally very unstable, oxidizes over time, this means that you should no longer use it. But with this Vitamin C from Mad Hippie, it contains a range of antioxidants to help protect my skin from environmental and aging factors, while brightening and hydrating the skin. You really can’t go wrong with this product.
Mad Hippie Exfoliating Serum
“Mother Nature & modern science unite to reduce the appearance of skin discoloration & wrinkles in our peptide + alpha hydroxy acid based serum” – Mad Hippie
- Glycolic Acid: Derived from sugar cane, it is the most effective of the Alpha Hydroxy Acid family due to its molecular size. It is great for exfoliating, reducing the appearance of wrinkles, discoloration & age spots
- Lactic Acid: Derived from fermented beet sugar, it is another member of the Alpha Hydroxy Acid family. It exfoliates, reduces the appearance of wrinkles and discoloration, while hydrating and moisturizing
- Apple Stem Cells (PhytoCellTec®): Works to reduce the appearance of fine lines
- Gigawhite: A radiance-boosting blend of 6 organically grown alpine plants that reduce the appearance of skin discoloration
- Matrixyl Synthe ‘6: Advanced peptide with skin rejuvenating benefits
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Shown to have better skin penetrating capabilities than HA alone. It works to moisturize the skin while reducing the appearance of fine lines
- White Tea: Delicately harvested growth tea leaves rich in antioxidants
- Goji Berry: super-antioxidant berry, rich in amino acids, minerals, beta carotene and vitamins C, E, B1, B2 & B6
- Ceramide: Provides a thin, lipid layer over the skin that aids in moisture retention
I love chemical exfoliators! I usually loved a good physical scrub over chemical because you can immediately feel the results, probably a result of me being very impatient haha. But now, I have used different chemical exfoliators that my skin loves it. I like them specifically in toner or serum form because it will penetrate deeper into the skin. This one from Mad Hippie is great. Does not give me that immediate stinging feel, it’s very hydrating and gentle on my skin. Note that my skin can tolerate a lot, so if you are someone who is new to chemical exfoliators, I would suggest using this once or twice a week MAX! With long time use you will see results. I promise you.
Mad Hippie is widely available across Canada, in many grocery stores now since they’ve expanded their selections. I love it. Canada is finally recognizing on shelves, the importance of environmental practices, quality, affordable beauty products, vegan and cruelty free products.
Mad Hippie is a fantastic company. And if you haven’t tried any of their products, I highly suggest you do! What’s not to love about an affordable, quality skincare company?
That’s all for now folks,
Thank you so much for staying tuned if you’ve made it this far. You can find me on Instagram @lifewithpriswong and if you want to see my other side gig I’ve been working on, visit @poshlashpro for your falsies needs 😉
See you around!